The PPA is delighted to welcome The Jockey Club back as the sponsor of the Mares Maiden Series, including the Champion Novice Mare Award. The Champion Novice Mare Award will be presented at the National Awards Dinner in 2018.
Points will be awarded as follows:
|Maiden Race||1st - 4pts||2nd - 2pts||3rd - 1pt|
|Restricted Race||1st - 5pts||2nd - 3pts||3rd - 1pt|
|Any other Point-to-Point||1st - 6pts||2nd - 4pts||3rd - 2pts|
|Hunter Chase||1st - 10pts||2nd - 6pts||3rd - 4pts|
THE JOCKEY CLUB BONUS
In addition to the above award, the Mares Maiden Series (Steeple Trophy) Winner is eligible for The Jockey Club's prize money bonus as follows:
- The total prize money won by the connections of the Mares Maiden Series winner on her first run at any of The Jockey Club's racecourses*, subsequent to winning the award, will be mirrored by a 'Bonus payment' for the same amount paid direct by Jockey Club Racecourses to the Owners, up to a maximum of £10,000.
- The Jockey Club bonus applies only to the mare's first run at one of The Jockey Club's racecourses subsequent to winning the award and does not apply to any future runs.
- The double prize money bonus will be paid on all prize money, not just for a win.
- Further distribution of the bonus payment is at owner's discretion (i.e. Trainer/Jockey share).
- There is a three year limit on the bonus potential, defined as three years from the date of the last qualifying race in the relevant Mares Maiden Series.
- In the event of joint winners of the Mares Maiden Series, the available bonus will be split equally amongst the winning horses.
- To activate the bonus, the connections of the Mares Maiden Series (Steeple Trophy) winner should contact Richard Norris on 020 7611 1800 before their first run at a Jockey Club Racecourses track.
Mares will be credited with points once they have been placed first, second or third in one of the qualifying races listed below.
Dates and venues for the Mares Maiden Series
|S||Barbury||PPORA Club||November 26, 2017|
|S||Barbury Racecourse||Barbury International||January 20, 2018|
|D&C||Chipley Park||Tiverton Foxhounds||January 28, 2018|
|M||Brocklesby Park||Brockelsby||February 17, 2018|
|D&C||Buckfastleigh||South Pool Harriers||February 18, 2018|
|W||Cothelstone||Quantock Staghounds||March 17, 2018|
|N||Friars Haugh||Duke of Buccleuch's||March 18, 2018|
|WBC||Garnons||Ross Harriers||March 18, 2018|
|M||Clifton-on-Dunsmore||Atherstone||March 25, 2018|
|S||Hackwood Park||Vine & Craven||April 02, 2018|
|WBC||Brampton Bryan||Teme Valley & United Pack||April 07, 2018|
|SM||Edgcote||Bicester with Whaddon Chase||April 08, 2018|
|S||Barbury Racecourse||Tedworth||April 08, 2018|
|WBC||Brampton Bryan||North Hereford||April 22, 2018|
|WM||Knightwick||Knightwick Races||April 29, 2018|
|M||Dingley||Fernie||May 06, 2018|
|WM||Maisemore Park||Croome & West Warwickshire||May 07, 2018|
|D&C||Vauterhill||Stevenstone Foxhounds||May 07, 2018|
|D&C||Trebudannon||Four Burrow||May 13, 2018|
|WM||Trecoed||Carmarthenshire||May 20, 2018|
|WM||Chaddesley Corbett||Albrighton & Woodland (South)||May 28, 2018|
*Governed by Royal Charter, The Jockey Club is the largest commercial group in British horseracing, reinvesting every penny of its profit back into the sport. It runs 15 racecourses nationwide: Aintree, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Epsom Downs, Exeter, Haydock Park, Huntingdon, Kempton Park, Market Rasen, Newmarket (Rowley Mile and July Course), Nottingham, Sandown Park, Warwick and Wincanton.