The Point-to-Point Racing Company (PtPRC) is jointly owned by Weatherbys and the Point-to-Point Authority (PPA). The PtPRC has invested in a number of projects that have developed and improved services to owners and meeting organisers, and will continue to do so as part of the company mission statement: "To serve and support the sport through excellence in management of Point-to-Point racing administration and supply of commercial products & services."
Exciting new projects undertaken over the past 12 months include :
- Advance 48 hour declarations
- Addition of Pace Figures to the Official Looseleaf Formbook and weekly selections in Go Pointing
- Automatic race entry division program
- Compilation of a special Planner Supplement to herald resumption of the season after Covid lockdown
Over the last five years the PtPRC has also been pivotal to the introduction of the following new services and products:
- a new online entries system for owners and trainers, enabling entries to be made out of office hours;
- a meeting secretaries' going portal, for fixtures to update their own going at a time that suits them;
- the development of a digital, online version of the Planner- kept up to date throughout the season;
- a comprehensive race video highlights archive indexed under horse or race profiles
- a revamped new national website incorporating news articles, a search facility, and online shop
The PtPRC has also invested in sponsorship of races and awards - Hunter Chases are a vital part of the Point-to-Point sphere, and as such, the PtPRC sponsors one at local course Leicester together with the John Corbett Cup at Stratford, as well as sponsoring the leading Hunter Chase Rider and Trainer awards, presented at the PPA National Awards Dinner.
NB At the end of each financial year, once the company profit is declared and audited, half of this profit (after tax) is retained into reserves to enable the company to continue to operate in the event of any unforeseen unusual or disaster scenario - a wise precaution given events over the past 18 months. The other half of the net profit is shared equally between the shareholders.