Point-to-Pointing is run under the sanction and regulations of the British Horseracing Authority, while a Hunt or recognised Point-to-Point Club runs each Meeting at a local level.
The British Horseracing Authority delegates governance of Point-to-Point racing to the Point-to-Point Authority; however, it retains all regulatory powers and decision-making for the sport.
The BHA Point-to-Point department is the point of contact for enquiries related to:
- Point-to-Point Regulations/Instructions and Policy
- Horse and rider eligibility queries/disputes
- Inspection of courses
- Riders' Medical Qualifications
- Veterinary - Dope Testing and Vaccination Checks
- Stewards Enquiries, Disciplinary Matters and Appeals
- Arbitration of Entries